Wednesday 7 January 2009

Another View on Brand India

Since I am traveling from tomorrow this will be my last entry of the series about Brand India.

What is `India' for the world?

It is a millennia-old civilisation. A billion people speaking, reading and writing dozens of languages. A land that is the birthplace of Hinduism, Buddhism, Sikhism and Jainism.


It is also the world's premier IT services provider. The world's back office. Emerging small-car hub. Repository, arguably, of the world's largest number of engineers, doctors, accountants, and so on.

To bring it all down to a single idea, any single idea, is like calling an ocean a pool of water. India certainly can't just be a brand.

Does that mean we can't present India to the world in a simple, cogent manner?

It may be difficult, though, India is being presented in different forums across the world. Right now, it is being discussed by corporate CEOs, investment bankers, seekers of spirituality, health addicts and holidaymakers, all over the world.


What we need is a simple idea that'll encourage all these discussions. All this talk and interest in India. Such an idea was spoken about by Pandit Nehru decades back. The best way to present this complex nation is to ask people to, `Discover India.'

'Discover India' is a humble but enticing invitation, not an arrogant subjugation of a great nation to a brand idea. It allows India to be presented in all its variegated beauty to all the different audiences it needs to address.
It kindles the interest of the global traveller and the global businessman alike. Now, that is something our IT chiefs and industrialists also will be happy with.

Would you agree to this???????


3 comments:

  1. I do agree with you Misha. Strsp lines and ads can do so much and no more. There is always more to a country than what has been portrayed and I believe PR Practitioners play a huge part in these lacking perceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent article on Branding ,Examples are very imperassive which you list down in your Blog. I like this blog.Regards Employment branding india

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete